Reduce The Misery Of Springtime Allergies With Easy-Care Concrete Floors In San Diego
Do you suffer from allergies? If you or a loved one suffers from allergies or asthma, you understand how the arrival of Spring can bring conflicting feelings. Allergy sufferers reach for a box of Kleenex and Benadryl caps when the warmer temperatures draw out small fresh buds and sensitive green leaves before heading outside to enjoy the sunshine. But the outdoors isn’t the sole source of allergens; this time of year, indoor circumstances can also contribute to an increase in allergy and asthma symptoms:
- Dust mites are found in greater numbers in bedrooms than in any other space.
- The most common cause of indoor allergies is ordinary house dust
- Mold spores thrive in damp areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms.
Concrete flooring can keep even the busiest areas dust-free, allowing you to spend more time having fun rather than cleaning.
- Allergen-free ornamental concrete and polished concrete floors can replace carpet and carpet padding, which can contain high levels of dust mites, pet dander, mold, and mildew.
- Wherever softness is required, use washable area rugs.
- The sealed surface prevents spills of food and drink, as well as accidents caused by any furry pets, so a moist towel will quickly solve any issue.
Moisture Should Not Be A Concern On Your Floors
Decorative concrete floors also help to improve indoor air quality, which contributes to a healthier environment. To begin with, our resurfacing products emit low-to-no VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions, whereas most carpet is constructed from synthetic fibers that have been treated with chemicals that “outgas” into your home, releasing VOCs for months after installation. Hardwood, grout, and carpet flooring all require specialized cleaning and stain removal chemicals, but ornamental concrete floors only need to be mopped with a neutral-pH light cleaner like Dawn dish detergent on a regular basis. The fewer chemicals you put into your home, the better the air quality will be.
To have a healthier home with no limitations on style, decorative concrete can duplicate different flooring styles with personalized designs to suit every taste.
Steps To Take To Reduce Allergy Triggers
Preventative steps are a great approach to keeping your family safe and your house free of allergens. Here are some ideas for decreasing and removing indoor allergens so that everyone can breathe easier:
- Dust is removed from shelves, window coverings, tabletops, picture frames, and knickknacks with regular dusting and vacuuming.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and cushions and a 20-minute non-heat dryer tumble using organic, fragrance-free wool dryer balls can “dust” pillows and blankets.
- Replace dust-gathering fabric window treatments with simple-to-clean wood blinds and shutters. If you must have curtains, consider textiles that can be washed.
- Make your bedrooms pet-free zones and use washable, allergy-proof detachable covers to safeguard your mattresses, box springs, and pillows. (100 percent cotton coverings can be found at Allergy Guard Direct.)
- Pets should be brushed and groomed outside or in the garage, bathed as needed, and all pet bedding should be kept clean.
- Ventilate windowless rooms with exhaust fans that circulate to the outside and open windows to let in the fresh air.
To learn more, call (619) 383-2500 to locate a San Diego Concrete near you and schedule a free in-home or virtual consultation.